Swan river shipping company until 1939, then from 1945 to 1946 shell Oil company. Bought by C.A. Burgess Loyd for extension to jetty
Wooden had one deck, elliptical stern, straight head, one bulk head and was carvel planked.
152 tonnes Length: 32m Beam: 7.95m Draft: 2.7m
Some ribs remain
November 1907 W & S Lawrence of Bazaar Terrace, Perth
At the foot of Violet Street, Shelley, Canning River
She was towed up the Canning River by Joe Hill for H. Tilly who was taking her to the Clontarf School so that the students could play on her beside the jetty. It was in the later 1940’s the tow boat was not able to proceed past Salters Point due to shallow water so the school was notified and students tried to pole it up to their jetty. The barge became stuck in the mud and was never moved. The tow boat headed back to Fremantle but when it got to Canning Bridge, they had to wait until the next day before being able to go under since the tide had risen and there was not enough clearance.
Find out everything you need to know about the Shipwrecks of Western Australia. Direct from the archives of the Maritime Archaeology Association of Western Australia.